Are you a Sleeping Beauty, who keeps pressing the snooze button on the alarm clock or a Cinderella who gets up as the first one in the morning?
OUR GOAL – WAKING UP EARLIER
Scrolling down the Facebook page, you will undoubtedly find at least one article with a list of advice on how to become a morning person. I guess being a morning person is very desirable these days. And becoming a person who wakes up before the alarm clock something quite challenging for most of the people.
Indeed, if you are like a Sleeping Beauty, you must have asked yourself why would anyone want to cut their hours or even few minutes of sleep and wake up early in the morning. After all, snoozing the alarm and getting up only five minutes before leaving the house is soon enough for many people to get dressed and leave the house on time. And still, have some minutes left to wait in the line for the croissant and coffee on the go on the stinky subway station.
Even though you probably manage to come to the work on time, there is this tingling feeling in your body all the way to the office. Even though you might haven’t really thought of it in this way, you well know this feeling is called stress.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying waking up earlier in the morning will relief you from the morning stress. Notwithstanding the extra time you get by waking up earlier in the morning and the spare of rushing stress, becoming a morning person is not all good.
ALL THE GOOD THINGS THAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU BECOME A MORNING PERSON
By waking up earlier in the morning and becoming so called a morning person, some things will change in your life.
- Yes, you will get a chance to see how the world around you is awaking. Hear the birds singing in the morning, naming you don’t leave on the main street in cold Montreal of course. Perhaps you will even see the sun rise or at least the morning light slowly enlighting your room.
- You will have time to do the morning stretching, yoga or go for a run.
- Sing the entire song under the shower and not only the chorus.
- You will finally have enough time to do your makeup in calm and perfecting that wings in the corner of your eye.
- Having breakfast in bed instead of jumping out of it will become your favourite morning thing to do. And drinking a cup of coffee while checking my photos on Instagram and reading the Morning Fashion Inspiration I sent it to you in your mail inbox your new morning ritual.
- You will get more time for yourself and friends in the afternoon.
To put it shortly, you will get more of your little favourite moments and be able to experience all the delights you usually enjoy in on the weekends. You know, that one weekend in the month. As 48 hours of the weekend is never enough for you to enjoy in everything.
THE DARK SIDE OF BEING A MORNING PERSON
As I briefly mentioned before, waking up earlier than you are used to when not going to bed earlier, won’t bring you only the good things. Sure, getting more time to enjoy the day and to make some amazing things sounds fabulous. As long as you don’t think of how soft your bed is and how great it would be to sleep a little longer.
No matter all the benefits of waking up earlier in the morning, you shouldn’t cut your sleep. Screw the glory of being a morning person and rather get all the sleep you need. On the long run, you will appreciate those five minutes of sleep more than a perfect cat-eye.
By cutting off your sleep to wake up earlier, you will ruin your sleeping cycle. And become prone to many diseases. Moreover, you will be less productive. So instead of taking advantage of extra minutes you get by waking up and making more in one day, you will do less. Believe me, I can see my sister turning into a zombie this week, as she has to wake up earlier than usual.
You need to remember that waking up earlier won’t actually prolong your day. Even though you might get that feeling. The truth is that you can’t have it all. To get more of your day in the morning, you will need to sacrifice the evening. And go to bed earlier. Ps. if you can’t sleep at all you should read this post.
HOW TO GET UP EARLIER IN THE MORNING
Finally, if you decided to sacrifice your evenings to enjoy in the morning, here is my advice on how to wake up earlier in the morning. But before the list, let me tell you a secret. Waking up earlier won’t make you become a morning person straight away. Becoming a morning person requires a serious change in your life and sleeping pattern as well as your mindset. Nevertheless, here is my advice on how to wake up before the rooster.
- Go to bed earlier. As simple as that.
- Get yourself a dream job.
Undoubtedly, having a dream work is the main reason I don’t need to set an alarm clock to wake me up in the morning. Actually, I get woke up by all the new ideas that come up in my mind, early in the morning, by the end of my sleep.
- Get a pet. A child would probably work even better. But let’s not complicate things too much.
- Get yourself an alarm clock that doesn’t shut off simply by pressing the snooze button.
- * Use the sleeping app.
- Let the power of my Youtube channel, Instagram and Pinterest lures you. I might help you with that. After all, I’m doing best to bring lots of inspiration and motivation for you to my Instagram profile and Pinterest boards.
Have you recently become a morning person? Has your life really changed? Feel free to share your experience in the comments.
FOR MORE LIFESTYLE CONTENTS AND FASHION INSPIRATION
Ps. Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletters to get more lifestyle contents. By subscribing to my newsletters (make sure you check all boxes), you will get the secret, subscribers only, lifestyle and travel advice and inspiration. Expect the lifestyle contents to fly into your inbox every Saturday and Sunday. Moreover, by checking all the boxes, you will get fashionistas’ favourite THE EDIT. You know, the fashion cheat sheets that will help you adopt all the latest fashion trends.